Crushed Limestone Rock
Crushed limestone is an angular rock, typically produced by mining and crushing suitable rock deposits into desired sizes. It is one of the most accessible natural resources and a major basic raw material used by construction, agriculture and other industries. It differs from gravel in that the latter has round edges and is formed through natural weatherization and erosion.
We supply and deliver crushed limestone rock produced from premier quarries throughout Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Crushed Limestone Benefits
- Mixed In Concrete – Concrete is a combination of cement, water, sand and crushed aggregate. In some cases, crushed limestone will be used as the aggregate material to create a more durable concrete product.
- Road Base – Roads and highways require a durable base that will safely withstand the high traffic and earth's harsh elements. Crushed limestone is an affordable, reliable road base option for many contractors.
- Pipe Bedding – Pulverized limestone rock does not expand and contract, making it a safe and reliable option for bedding underground pipes. It's material consistency preserves and insulates pipes from natural shifts in the earth's soil as a result of moisture, surface traffic or other natural soil patterns.
- Structural Fill – In new construction, crushed stone is used to fill the area beneath the slab. This keeps the concrete level, allows for proper and efficient drainage and reduces settlement cracks.
- Driveways – Some homeowners like the idea of a gravel driveway, but would prefer to have other color options. Crushed lime is able to offer all of the benefits of gravel, but provides a soothing, natural tan coloration.
- Railroad Ballast – Railroad ballasts support the rail ties and diverts water away from the tracks. This material is chosen to offer angular support and durability.
- Rip Rap – Crushed limestone is affordable, convenient, and reliable, making it an alternative to rip rap in the use of retaining walls and erosion control.
Crushed Limestone Uses
- Limestone is very durable and resistant to weathering
- It is lighter and more versatile than granite and gravel
- It is ideal for maintaining natural water flow and drainage needs
- Its various grade sizes enable it to be used in a wide range of practical applications
- Crushed limestone is readily accessible and offers the highest value for the lowest cost among construction aggregate
- Flex Base
- Various Sizes
- 1 ½”X ¾” Type A
- ¾” - #4 ,Type C
- 3/8” Type D
- 1 ½ Down Flex Base
- ¾” Down Flex Base
- 3/8” & Down Fines
- Screenings #4 Down
- Manufactured Sand
- Gabion Stone 4 x 8
- 2 x 4 Rock
Crushed Limestone Material Calculator
Get a quick materials estimate for your project’s needs.